Booking Terms and Conditions - updated Jan 2020
Bookings are made and accepted based on the following conditions:
1. Contract and Booking
1. This agreement is made on the basis that the property ("the Property") is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
2. Any pets you intend to take with you should be declared at the time of booking and checked and authorised via the Owner.
3. No bookings are valid until confirmed in writing and the deposit or full payment is received.
1. The deposit is non-refundable unless Hideaway Holiday Lettings is unable to accept the booking, and as specified below with COVID19 and other refinements
3. Balance Payment
1. Once a booking is confirmed for, the Guest is responsible for the full balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid not later than 7 weeks before the booking is due to commence.
2. Covid19 - January 2021
Deposit of £98/€111.04 to be paid at time of booking.
Remaining funds shall be paid 42 days before stay
3. Hideaway Holiday Lettings reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 7 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above any non-refundable fees will be refunded. However, if we are unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday, and (if applicable) and the deposit.
4. Owner's responsibilities
1. The Owner is solely responsible for providing the accommodation and for the safety of all Guests and/or his/her invitees (jointly known as "the Holidaymakers"). The Owner accepts no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, any Holidaymakers, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control, except to the extent such personal injury or death is caused by the negligence or wilful default. The owner accepts no responsibility for guest arrival to the cottages.
5. Holidaymakers' responsibilities and forfeiture
1. The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in, on or at the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in reasonable cleanliness and general order.
2. The Holidaymaker must report and pay to the owner the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. The owner reserves the right to make a reasonable charge where guests have contravened an owner's request for their Property to be smoke-free.
3. The Holidaymakers' right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:
• More people or pets than declared to the Hideaway Holiday Lettings at the time of booking or before the commencement of the holiday and/or the number the Property holds, attempt to take up occupation;
• Overnight guests are entertained without the Owner's express permission;
• Any activity is undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance; or
• Any of the Holidaymakers smoke in or at the Property.
6. Unavailability of Property
1. In the event of the Property becoming unavailable (such as due to fire or flooding), we will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid, or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot, however, pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
Covid19 - for bookings made for stays during this period, the following conditions will apply
Guests will be offered a FREE change of date if they cannot travel due to their own, local or national Travel or other COVID-19 restrictions, (differences in rates for alternative dates may apply).
Alternatively a full refund will be provided (less a £30/€33.99 processing fee) if guests cannot travel due to their own, local or national Travel or other COVID-19 restrictions.
If a guest feels uncomfortable travelling and does not meet the criteria above, as long as there is 14 plus days notice - guests will be offered a change of date or credit note for any COVID 19 related reason less a £15/€16.94 processing fee (differences in rates for alternative dates may apply)
All other times and if the above does not apply, in the event of cancellation, guests may be due a partial refund which is dependent on when notice of cancellation is given to us before the holiday start date. The refund is calculated as follows:
• More than 7 weeks notice – Full refund with be given minus the non refunded deposit (£98/€111.04)
• Less than 7 weeks notice – No refund due
If a refund is due it will be paid within 15 working days of cancellation
Hideaway Holiday Lettings reserves the right to change these terms as required. The terms at the time of the guests booking will continue to apply.
8. Alterations to Bookings
1. A Guest requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed may incur a £15/€16.94 admin fee
Guests wishing to take pets on holiday must abide by the following rules:
1. Pets are welcome
2. The Agency asks dog owners to observe the following (failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave without compensation):
3. Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in or at the Property;
4. Any fouling must be cleared up without delay;
5. Dogs MUST NOT be left alone in or at the Property or elsewhere at any time;
6. No dogs in bedrooms
7. Dogs MUST NOT lie on beds or furnishings, and hair must be well cleared up before departing;
8. Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the Property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent charges;
9. Any damage (which must be reported to the Owner immediately) or excessive cleaning that may incur an additional charge, will be at the Owner's discretion.
10. Owner's access to Property
1. The Owner or their representative, shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
11. Complaints procedure
1. In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a Property, the matter shall be taken up with the Owner (or Owner's caretaker) at once (their details are supplied on the booking confirmation and they understand that they are the first point of contact should there be cause for complaint). It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required.
2. Compensation is unlikely to be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, when the Holidaymakers have denied the Owner/caretaker the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
1. We have compiled the information in our literature and on our Website as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside our control.
2. We make every effort to ensure that the Property details supplied to us by the Owners are accurately reproduced. The Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/photographs/illustrations in the brochure and on the Website and the actual Property may arise. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
13. Communication with you and data
1. Please see our privacy statement which explains how we will process your personal data.
1. Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by British law and you agree that any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the courts of Britain.
The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings.