Beach View Cottage
Isle of Gigha, Hebrides, Scotland
A 'beachy' 'chic' cottage on Scotlands' best kept secret Island of Gigha
Welcome to Beach View Cottage, Isle of Gigha, Hebrides, Scotland
Sleeps 7, pets welcome, 1 night stays or more.
A hidden gem, why not island hop from Arran, Jura, Mull, Islay.........
Beach View Cottage is a 'beachy' 'chic' cottage. This is a bright, open plan cottage beside secluded beaches, and also within walking distance from all local amenities. Enjoy watching the yachts sail by from the lounge. Enjoy the cottage's sea views, open fire, close beach and its secure, sun trap garden, but beware a cow might pop over to say 'moo'!
The cottage features an open-plan design with a fully-equipped kitchen and three double bedrooms with exceptional comfortable beds. Bed linen and firewood is provided.
Johnny's Shore beach is a lovely beach next to the property. The water is so tranquil here it literally pulls you in. Thankfully the outdoor rental centre satisfies this with all types of watersport equipment.
The village of Gigha is a 5 minute walk from the cottage and offers a shop, cafe, beer garden, the Gigha hotel and the Boat House cafe bar where guests can enjoy Michelin-recommended seafood dining.
The Isle of Gigha
Welcome to the community-owned Isle of Gigha, Scotland's best kept secret. The most southerly and one of the most beautiful of the Hebridean Islands, located between the isles of Arran, Jura, Islay and the Kintyre Peninsula. Seven miles long by a mile and a half wide.
You are spoilt for choice when it comes to good food and drink on Gigha. From freshly caught seafood, island farmed halibut and oysters to whole milk ice cream from the Gigha cows. Whether you want to pop in for a coffee, shop for provisions for your next sailing, or relax over an evening meal, Gigha has it!
Beach View Cottage is a 3 hour drive from Glasgow, or a 4 hour drive from Edinburgh, which includes a scenic ferry ride to the island. The Isle of Gigha is located between the isles of Arran, Jura, Islay and the Kintyre Peninsula.
- Sleeps 7
- 3 double bedrooms (2 king size beds, 1 double bed, fold down bed and travel cot)
- One night or more stays welcome
- Pets welcome
- Enclosed garden with BBQ
- Baby travel cot and high chair
- No smoking
- Next to best beach on Gigha
- Open fire (firewood provided)
- Towels and linen provided
- Close to island amenities
Things To Do
- Enjoy the local banter
- Super beer garden
- Local bar and cafe, the islanders love a blether!
- Gigha is renowned for its excellent halibut
- Gigha's cosy Boathouse, where you can have freshly-caught local lobster and oysters
- Avid gardeners don't miss the Achamore Gardens
- Nine‑hole golf course is on hand
- Gigha’s night time sky is of a very high quality
- Base to explore Kintyre and close enough to the mainland for day trips
- Quiet road and stunning landscape is a must for cycling and walking
- Explore the hidden bays and beaches
- Visit Gigha's natural skin care
- Visit the local galleries
- Kayak round the island
- Paddle board
- Dive the wrecks
- Enjoy the mild climate caused by the North Atlantic Drift of the Gulf Stream